Friday, July 30, 2010

Personal: Blueberry pickin'

There's a first time for everything. Galen wanted me to go pick blueberries with him today. At first I wasn't so sure... I have picked berries before and end up with thorns in my fingers. NOT FUN. But when I found out there are no thorns on blueberry bushes, I had no other option but to go. So today's first, blueberry picking.We hopped in the car and made our way to Mountain View Blueberry Farm in Snohomish.
Upon arrival, we receive buckets, a point in the right direction and we were off! The first few didn't make it in the bucket... we had to try them, only to 'make sure they weren't poison' first :) We had fun meeting new people and learning the tricks of the trade and before we knew it, our buckets were full and it was time to head back. We measured in at 8.4 pounds, OH YEAH!
And the best part.... the berries are only $1.80 per pound! So if you want some good, clean (well maybe a little dirty), inexpensive fun, give berry pickin' a try! Make some fun memories and have some super fruit while you're at it!

And they taste as good as they look!

No comments:

Post a Comment